Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies

Wednesday 2 March 2016


As my regular readers will know, I'm a bit under the weather at the moment! A bout of post-concussion syndrome and a healthy dose of whatever horrible cold is currently going round Cornwall has left me a little worse for wear- meaning I'm in constant need of snuggling down under my duvet with a warm cup of tea and a good book or two :)

So, today I thought I would rustle up a batch of mini cookies to accompany all those cups of tea! The ones I've chosen are an adaption of a classic Mary Berry recipe, the only new addition being the slightly naughty dark chocolate chips :) It's such a quick and easy bake that you can play around with multiple flavours here- feel free to add some orange or lemon zest, or even replace the chocolate chips with nuts or dried fruit to make them feel a bit posher! It's up to you!

Anyway, here's the recipe if you'd like to give them a go...


You will need:

- 100g unsalted butter, softened
- 50g caster sugar
- 50g chocolate chips
- 150g self-raising flour...

...And that's it!


And to make these scrummy little treats:
  1. Preheat your oven to 180c/160c/gas 4. Lightly butter two baking trays.
  2. Measure the butter into a bowl and beat it with a wooden spoon to soften. Gradually beat in the sugar and the chocolate chips until the chips are evenly distributed.
  3. Mix in the flour and then bring the dough together with your hands to form a ball (it might feel like it's never going to come together at first- but trust me it will!). Split the dough into roughly sixteen pieces and roll into little balls about the size of a walnut. 
  4. Place well-apart onto your prepared trays and then gently squish down the top of each ball with a slightly wet fork. 
  5. Bake for around 15-20mins until pale golden brown in colour. 
  6. Leave to cool on a wire rack and then serve with a cup of tea or a glass of milk!


Easy-peasy :)

Also, on a side note, what is it about Harry Potter that makes everything immediately feel better? I'm hooked on all the audiobooks and the little 'Hogwarts Library' books (Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Quidditch Through the Ages etc. etc.) at the moment. Such a comfort to escape to that world!


These are sure to be a crowd-pleaser! My recipe makes sixteen little cookies but you can always double up the ingredients to make them bigger or even make twice as many tiny ones :) In any case, they'll be gone in no time! 

Whatever twist you want to put on these, let me know how they turn out! I'd love to see a cheeky Instagram or two. 

In the meantime,
All the love,

Sian x


2 comments

  1. These looks so good - I'd love to try them! :D Hope you feel better soon! xxx

    Filippa ⎮ Always a Dot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Filippa! Please do try them :) I'm feeling better already && I'm sure they helped xD thanks for reading! xxx

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© The Freckled Fieldnotes. Design by Fearne.