Cornish Gift Guide 2019


Christmas is just around the corner now, so what better time to highlight the festive offerings of my favourite local brands and businesses?! 

I don't know about you, but I'm determined to shop small (as much as I can) this Christmas - and with so many gorgeous, handcrafted options made locally within the county, I feel really spoilt for choice this year. 

So, without any further ado, here's my round-up of personal favourites from local Cornish businesses you can support this festive season! 


1. MOR wares Organic Embroidered Jumper

I have had a hankering for a MOR wares jumper ever since I discovered Jo at a local craft market here in Cornwall and (somewhat creepily) felt up all of her jumpers on display! Can confirm they are softer than soft.

The wonderfully snuggly-looking 'Born to Be Mild' sweater in the dark grey (could I be any more specific? Hint Hint Jack...) is right at the top of my Christmas list this year. Can't wait to lounge around the house in it, being my usual mild old self.


2. Eleanor Crane Ceramics Dotty Mug

Isn't this delicious? Eleanor's work is so so lovely - each porcelain piece is handmade at her home studio in Torpoint!  I believe her online shop is currently closed BUT she's going to be at the 'Etsy Made Local' Cornwall Fair at Falmouth Uni next week, so head along if you want to grab a piece of locally-crafted ceramic loveliness.


3. Shore Fine Design Hand-Crafted Jewellery

Inspired by the serenity and simplicity of the Cornish seaside, these hand-crafted pieces are beautifully delicate and guaranteed to remind any wearer of the natural beauty of the Cornish coast.

I'm not the biggest fan of jewellery (I'm far too messy and I lose things at the drop of a hat!) but if I was to choose to wear anything, these simple and unfussy designs would certainly be my first port of call. I absolutely love the hand-crafted, hammered texture and raw feel of Louise's work  - it feels very true to the coastline that I love so dearly!


4. Weekend Journal's Cornwall Guide - Second + Third Edition

If you follow me on Instagram, you'll know that I own the First Edition of this journal and IT'S FAB.

It's very rare to find such a beautifully-curated book on Cornwall (although there are shouty travel guides and dreary, out-of-date tomes on the area aplenty) that you'd be happy to pop on your coffee table and have a wanderlust-y flick through every now and again.

It's lovely to see a publication take such a detailed and personal look into some secret spots across the county and I know I'll definitely be updating my collection as soon as the latest editions pop back into stock!


5. The Sea Shed Gift Box

I first discovered Sea Shed soaps on a mooch around our National Trust shop in Boscastle with my Mum. As a serious sucker for pretty packaging, of course I immediately fell in love with their seaside-inspired soaps and had to have a sniff of every bar in the pile!

I think this Christmas gift box, complete with natural soap bag, washcloth and nail brush, makes for a very sweet AND environmentally-conscious gift. The attention to detail on both the packaging and the manufacturing of the products is just wonderful!



6. St Eval Christmas Candle

It really wouldn't be a Christmas gift guide without a stonking great candle now, would it? This three-wicked tangy number is both hand-poured and hand-DIPPED to create that beautiful two-tone sparkly look.

Scented with orange and cinnamon (and just a hint of spice) this really is the perfect Christmas candle - and you can rest assured everything has been made the good old-fashioned, traditional way from a real working farm in North Cornwall, with absolutely zero animal products involved in the process. Just lovely.



7. Atlantic Blankets Wool Picnic Blanket

A long time favourite of mine, these cosy blankets are the ultimate travel blanket for your adventures in and around Cornwall.

I already own their wonderful, sunshine-y Dawn Tides Wool Blanket (a Christmas present from my Mum and Dad last year!) which adds a welcome pop of Cornish colour to our living room... but I LOVE their picnic blankets too. Stylish and practical, with a waterproof polyester base making them perfect for seaside sprawling, these blankets make the best gift for the beachcomber in your life.


8. Bloomtown Gift Set

I first learnt about Bloomtown's ethical produce at the Eden Project shop last year - and immediately fell in love with their ethos. The founders created Bloomtown in 2016 after spending two years in Indonesia and witnessing first-hand the loss of virgin forest that is home to endangered orangutans, tigers and so much of the world's biodiversity. They're committed to offering consumers truly ethical & cruelty-free body and skincare alternatives.

Their festive gift sets are a wonderfully indulgent option for anyone who loves the planet as much as they love a bit of pampering!

They also have the lovely option on their site to buy workshop tickets to learn how to make your own soap from their base in Falmouth! Another fab gift idea if you're local to the area!


9. Cornish Orchards Mulled Cider

As much as I enjoy the classic treat of mulled wine around this time of year, this tangy and warming cider is such a refreshing alternative - and you can get cute matching enamel mugs to drink it from too!

I think this would be a fab addition to any Christmas hamper (perhaps with a few Cornish cheeses too?) and it's a great gift for that mate that you're not quite sure what to get this year! (Just check they enjoy a tipple first!)


And last but by no means least, how could I do a Christmas Gift Guide without plugging my own stuff?!

If you don't already know, I now have my own Etsy shop where I sell my watercolour illustrations inspired by my life here in Cornwall! Please give it a look if you want something totally original to give your friends and family this year!

And that's it! If you've got the down-low on any other fab local businesses, please feel free to let me know in the comments! I love discovering new craftspeople to support!

All my love (and Christmas wishes).

Sian x

0 comments