Autumn Spiced Simmer Pot


If you're anything like me, you'll know how soothing and cosy the perfect seasonal candle can be for these dark and chilly evenings at the tail-end of the year. From warming and earthy to sweet and musky, that one comforting scent can completely transform a grim and dingy autumn evening into something altogether more snug and homely.


This year, however, I've decided to go one step further and take a more natural approach to filling the house with those beautiful, seasonal scents... by making up my very own autumnal simmer pot!


A simmer pot is a great, homemade way of mimicking the effect of those delicious seasonal candles...but, a word of warning here, you might never want to go back to candles again after trying this! NOTHING can match the natural aroma this little pot will create!

Ingredients-wise, it's a simple case of gathering together some seasonal fruit and a few herbs and spices. The things I've selected below are merely a suggestion, as they were just what I had in the cupboard at the time. If you wanted to make it even more seasonal, you could add in some pumpkin spice or even vamp it up in time for Christmas with some fresh thyme and berries- it's totally up to you!


All you have to do is add these ingredients to a pan of very gently simmering water and wait for those beautiful smells to fill up your kitchen. I guarantee, it really will put you in a very cosy, autumnal mood.


Plus, it all looks pretty enough to eat!


Let me know if you decide to give this one a go at all, I'd love to see a cosy-looking Instagram or two! And if you're particularly interested in all things cosy, why not have a read of my previous post...A Very Cosy October Picnic.


What's your favourite autumnal or winter scent? I'd love to hear all about it in the comments below!


In the meantime,
All the love,

Sian x



0 comments