A Little Adventure Outside


Do you ever have one of those days when the thought of staying indoors gives you itchy bones?



Click play, sit back & enjoy the rest of this post!

I had one of those today.

So, rather than listen to the predictable little lazy voice inside my head telling me it would prefer us to stay indoors, watch Netflix and eat biscuits all day, I decided to bite the bullet, grab my trusty DSLR and drive off to a nearby disused airfield for a quick photography session.


I'm really into listening to film and video game soundtracks at the moment (thanks Spotify for getting me hooked!) and I found the perfect accompaniment to my little expedition across this barren landscape was the beautifully eerie sound of Gustavo Santaolalla's acoustic compositions for the video game, The Last Of Us.


Out on my own weird little safari tour of this deserted airfield, the music felt weirdly appropriate to the landscape around me...


...I could almost have imagined myself to be standing in a post-apocalyptic landscape if it wasn't for the neighing of nearby horses...and the tractor that hurdled on by just after I took this picture!


Weird and slightly spooky as my little adventure was, I was infinitely glad to get out the house for an hour or two and just spend some time listening to my music and sitting in my car, watching the clouds float on by :)

If you'd like to see (or hear?) what I mean about how The Last of Us soundtrack fits so beautifully with this landscape, I've popped a Spotify player down below with some tracks from the album so you can enjoy the two together in perfect harmony!




I'm hoping that one day I'll be able to go back to the airfield with all the right equipment and the intention of filming a short video of the landscape. It's such beautifully eerie scenery and I'd love to be able to edit it together into a film with some of the above music.

I'll keep you posted!

In the meantime,
All the love,

Sian x


1 comment

  1. I love these pictures :) I need to follow your lead and get off my bum the next time I feel like this. Itchy bones is the perfect way to describe it haha. xx


    Moany Mouse | Scottish Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete