Instagram Lately




Lately, I've been a teeny bit obsessed with posting on Instagram... so today I thought it might be nice to share a few of my personal Insta highlights, alongside the stories that accompany them! 



A quick puppy update. 

If you've been following me for a while now, you'll know that Penny is pretty much not a puppy anymore. Sob Sob. At just over nine months old, she's almost a fully-fledged Sprocker Spaniel and every time she tries to squeeze herself onto my lap for a cuddle I'm reminded of just how much she's grown!

Recently, we've been able to let her roam around the garden by herself (in the Winter she was just too little and it was really too grim to have her wandering about outdoors all day) and she's really been loving sniffing around and exploring the grounds!

This picture makes me smile... she's such a nosy one :)



Reasons to Stay Alive by Matt Haig.

A bit of a recommendation here - read. this. blooming. book.

A couple of weeks back, I had a bit of a low ebb. It sucked. If you've ever been there, you know how impossible it feels just to be able to leave the house... let alone walk into a Waterstones, pick up a book and then actually go through the process of purchasing said book. But (somehow) one day in the midst of all that dreary crapness, that's what I did.

And I'm so glad I managed to get my bum out of bed and seek out Haig's book that day- because as soon as I got back home, I read it in one sitting. It's honestly THAT good. For someone feeling as lost and as stuck in a rut as I was those few weeks back, it was like someone had handed me an owner's manual to my mess of a brain and said..."yep, me too- don't panic." I can't really put into words how much that helped.

Since reading it, I've lent it to my Mum and it's proved to be the best way ever of explaining to her how I might feel from time to time. She just gets it now, and that's wonderful.
 


My new camera. 

I've been having a lot of fun with my new camera recently! Actually plumping up the courage to splurge on such a pricey bit of kit was no mean feat, but now I'm so glad that I've finally got something to start making decent videos with :) This has been a goal of mine for a good while and it's great to feel like I'm actually starting to accomplish it... in a small way, at least.

You can check out something I shot using the M3 here... and there's plenty more like it on the way soon!



Secret bluebells. 

A few weeks back I was on A Mission.

I just had to see a field of bluebells before the weather changed! So after a bit of research on the best places to find them, Mum and I headed off to Lanhydrock- a National Trust country estate in close-by Bodmin- on the hunt for a wild crop or two...

Buuuttt, it turns out that our online guide had failed us :( Lanhydrock does have a wonderfully wild field of beautiful bluebells- it's just, from all we could see, the field is stuck behind a fence and off-limits to the public. Rubbish. I tried to snap a couple of shots through some breaks in the fencing but they all came out a bit half-hearted. All in all, it's safe to say I was royally hacked off with our little trip out!

However, a few weeks later, my parent's and I decided to go out for a spot of lunch in Bude. After eating at the lovely Weir bistro, we took a little stroll down the Bude canal walkway and- taking a detour up the canal banks- came across the crop of wild bluebells you can see above! Hidden away and well and truly open to the public (!), this unhampered bank of flowers was the most beautiful thing I have seen in a really long time.

It felt like we'd stumbled across a little patch of paradise :)    





And those are my Insta highlights! If you're not already following me over on Instagram, I'd love to have a few new pals :)


In the meantime,
All the love,

Sian x         


2 comments

  1. Okay, Penny is the cutest thing! <3 and your photos are stunning! heading over to insta now... xX

    kynialikethecountry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kynia for such a lovely comment :)! xxx

      Delete